Friday, August 21, 2009


Posted by PicasaOkinawa. Love the Asian lands--or rather, in this case, I-land. Home of my favorite beer, Orion, a Japanese brewery begun in 1957 basically to sell beer to the enormous US military presence there. Got a lot of soldiers, they need a lot of beer, you make a lot of money. You also need a lot of ice-cream and they started a now-beloved brand there, too. But for the beer, somehow that left me with a much-needed feeling of hope regarding the American effect upon our world. Orion's rather odd but adorable slogan: "LIVE FRESH AND SMOOTH-UNIQUE." I've taken this into my life, as I attempt to become "smooth-unique." What better goal?


s

1 comment:

  1. Okinawa is the one of my favorite cities. I lived there for a short period. Beautiful beaches, good food. miss Okinawa

    ReplyDelete